Re: Mozilla & xft

Hi Johannes,

	Just to keep you up to date with everything - 2 days ago I installed
	GARNOME to test out release candidate 1 for Gnome 2.2.

	After installing GARNOME, I reinstalled mozilla-xft and Mozilla
	with AA fonts worked out-of-the-box, immediately after installing
	the package! The menu's looked normal, but webpages were rendered
	AA, which looked great.

	I spoke with Alexis who posted earlier to the list, and added his
	.gtkrc settings to change the Mozilla menu font, and also was able to
	get the Mozilla menu's, etc, AA'd.

	I really have no idea what was causing the micro-font problem when
	using the Gnome packages from Debian (#46415 on Mozilla Bugzilla was
	interesting to read), but thankfully GARNOME is working fine, so it
	looks like whatever the problem was, it seems to have been fixed in
	the latest Gnome code (?)

	Info on GARNOME is available at: http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/garnome/.

	Anyway, that probably doesn't help much, but just wanted to let
	you (and the others) know.

	Cheers mate,

	Marcus