Re: Mozilla & xft

Stefan Rotsch <linux@stefanrotsch.de> writes:

> On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 16:35, Marcus Crafter wrote:
> Hi Marcus,
>
> > 	Just wondering if anyone has been able to get the mozilla-xft
> > 	package working on their system.
> I know it doesn't solve your problem, but it works fine for me.

For me it was the same as with Marcus: After installing mozilla-xft,
everything defaults to some tiny, unreadable italic font (sans
serif). The only partial solution I found was adding some font
configuration to userChrome.css and userContent.css.

> > 	I've installed it and had a play, but for the life of me I get
> > 	nothing but extremely small fonts for both webpages, and mozilla
> > 	itself.

> Yust some blind guesses: Do you have TT fonts installed and
> configured mozilla to use them? Do you have "fontconfig" installed?

I have all of these installed (msttcorefonts, ttf-freefont,
fontconfig, xft2). Mozilla appearantly uses xft2: The fonts are
AA'ed. Still, they are _way_ too small and all italic.

I thought it might be related to my ~/.gtkrc. But removing it doesn't
make things better. Also, choosing Mozilla's "modern" theme doesn't
change anything.

Johannes

--
~/.signature under construction