Re: Mozilla & xft

On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 16:35, Marcus Crafter wrote:
Hi Marcus,

> 	Just wondering if anyone has been able to get the mozilla-xft
> 	package working on their system.
I know it doesn't solve your problem, but it works fine for me.

> 	I've installed it and had a play, but for the life of me I get
> 	nothing but extremely small fonts for both webpages, and mozilla
> 	itself.
Yust some blind guesses: Do you have TT fonts installed and configured
mozilla to use them? Do you have "fontconfig" installed?

> 	Does one have to modify configuration files, or do some special
> 	commands to enable xft2 AA fonts, etc, in Mozilla ?
Worked "out of the box"; manual configuration was only needed for enabling
subpixel hinting, but this is well described in the "fontconfig" man page.

Regards,
Stefan