Re: [despammed] Re: Auto-hide panel problem in 2.4

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 09:31, Christian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 01:20:36AM +0100 Riccardo Gusso said:
> > I am running debian unstable and I have recently upgraded to Gnome 2.4,
> > before using the F. Peters repository, and now the official ones. Since
> > the first time I upgraded, I got the following problem with the bottom
> > panel: if I set it to auto-hide in its properties, it only disappears
> > and never comes back. I was thinking there was some bug in the first
>
> I had the same problem. Seems to be some strangeness done by the
> unofficial packages. After deleting all GNOME-related files from my
> home directory and thus forcing them to be recreated it worked.
> This may be a bit of a radical approach but it worked for me.
> On the other hand, on my mum's computer I never used the unofficial
> packages and never had this problem in the first place.

Thanks a lot: it worked for me too. I didn't want to screw completely my
Gnome personal settings before, but this way seems the one to work.
Bye,
            Riccardo

--

"Everyone is encouraged to help development of Debian
 and to spread the word of free software"