Re: Galeon is not working properly

Chris Eisley <chris@cepheus.net> writes:

> On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 14:19, Ole Laursen wrote:
> > One thing good about it is that is much easier to get to the bookmarks
> > you use often. For instance, I tag my home page with "personal". Then
> > I just have to type

> What do you mean by "tagging"?  The behavior you're describing sounds
> like url autocompletion as found in Galeon and most other browsers, but
> you're probably referring to something else.

Yeah, by tagging I mean adding it to a subject. I'm not sure what
terminology the English version uses. But when you add a bookmark, you
can attach multiple keywords to it, which will make it show up in
multiple places.

What I described above is that Epiphany supports completion on
keywords. So you enter a keyword (or a part of it) and it shows you
the matching bookmarks like with URL completion.

> > The search thing in the bookmarks window is quite good too. But I
> > agree that the list in the bookmark menu is horrible.
>
> Yeah, the problem I have with Epiphany is that it makes it unpleasant to
> browse to bookmarks soley with the mouse.  I have bookmarks organized
> into several layers of subfolders so that I don't have to look at a list
> of anything more than 5 bookmarks/folders in a menu at a time.  Unless a
> bookmark has a special icon, it's difficult to read through a menu with
> 10+ bookmarks very quickly and find the right one, especially if the
> title of the bookmark has a lot of "fluff".

If you like using the mouse, you should really use the dedicated
bookmarks window. The search thing at the top is very neat. I enter
"ole" and it shows me "Ole's home". I enter "pers" and it shows me all
bookmarks that are attached to the keyword "personal".

Personally, I think the bookmarks menu (as opposed to the window) is a
mistake.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/