Re: Galeon is not working properly

Jens Bech Madsen <jbm@oncable.dk> writes:

[...]

> > One thing good about it is that is much easier to get to the bookmarks
> > you use often. For instance, I tag my home page with "personal". Then
> > I just have to type

> > in the address line. It is much faster than using the mouse! It also
> > feels much more hackish, though. The search thing in the bookmarks
> > window is quite good too. But I agree that the list in the bookmark
> > menu is horrible.
>
> Easier than using the mouse, yes. But it still seems a lot slower than
> using nicknames in Galeon (and Mozilla I think?). Make a nickname for
> the bookmark called 'pers'. Then type pers in the URL-bar and hit
> return. With short nicknames it is very fast.

I tried that too, but it is just to cumbersome to make up the
nicknames for all the sites you bookmark. And I always forgot about
them.

> I still don't get how Epiphany's bookmarks improve on the usual
> hierarchical bookmarks most of us are used to.

The keyboard searching makes more sense that way. That's the best
reason I can think of. That and the fact that it seems to be less work
managing the bookmarks.

Anyway, people are different.

--
Ole Laursen