Re: So what do the Debian Gnome maintainers say?

<quote who="Matthew Garrett">

> We shouldn't be pushing 2.4 into unstable until we're sure that it's
> approximately as stable as 2.2 is.

I don't think that's true. We shouldn't be pushing 2.4 into unstable until
we've ensured that testing has a stable and complete desktop. Then, 2.4
*should* go into unstable, without a lot of testing, because it's marked as
stable software, we'd love to see it in sarge, and it will only get testing
if it's in unstable.

- Jeff

   "Can we have a special TELSABUG category, and everything gets dropped
                     to fix them first?" - Telsa Gwynne