Re: So what do the Debian Gnome maintainers say?

Christian Marillat wrote:
> Ross Burton <ross@burtonini.com> writes:
>> As much as I respect you as a packager, we need to do something with
>> GNOME 2.4.  Sitting on our hands until 2.2 has migrated into testing
>> instead of testing 2.4 *whilst* 2.2 migrates is not an option, as we'll
>> just be wasting our time.
>
> Packaging 2.4 take exactly one day. We don't need 2 months to push 2.4
> in unstable.

We shouldn't be pushing 2.4 into unstable until we're sure that it's
approximately as stable as 2.2 is. We can't tell whether it's as stable as
2.2 is until packages exist. Uploading to experimental would allow us to
do this without the risk of having to go through extreme pain to revert
back to 2.2, or alternatively releasing in a broken state.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-linux.debian.maint.gtk.gnome@srcf.ucam.org
I am currently angry about: