Re: So what do the Debian Gnome maintainers say?

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 03:28:03PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> Jeff Waugh <jdub@perkypants.org> writes:
>
> > <quote who="Christian Marillat">
>
> [...]
>
> >> I don't intent to upload my GNOME 2.4 package to experimental because, I
> >> don't use experimental and I don't intent to use experimental.
> >
> > This is an odd choice - the consensus seems to be that everyone would like
> > 2.4 in sarge. Surely that process should start as soon as possible... Would
> > you be comfortable with other developers NMUing to experimental to move this
> > process along?
>
> Frankly do you think that a maintainer can upload and don't use these
> packages ? Not really reasonnable. We can wait 2 or 3 weeks and see what
> happens with gcc/libc bugs.

Notice that this would bring us to begining of october, and the RM's
release plan did say :

        * October 1st

                Drop the RC bug list by ~150 bugs to ~100
                (via removals, fixes and workarounds)

                1st test cycle, public request for comments

                Last minute fixes and changes to the installer

But then, you are acting as if the RM's release plan is no more
accurate, and that we will delay to July 2004 or something such.

Friendly,

Sven Luther