Re: So what do the Debian Gnome maintainers say?

<quote who="Christian Marillat">

> peloy@chapus.net (Eloy A. Paris) writes:
>
> > I've seen lots of good comments from regular users like myself about
> > ways to handle the Gnome 2.4 situation, but I have yet to see any
> > comments from the key Debian Gnome maintainers (Christian comes to mind
> > :-).
>
> For now I don't intent to package GNOME 2.4 for unstable because we have a
> broken 2.2 in testing

Cool.

> I don't intent to upload my GNOME 2.4 package to experimental because, I
> don't use experimental and I don't intent to use experimental.

This is an odd choice - the consensus seems to be that everyone would like
2.4 in sarge. Surely that process should start as soon as possible... Would
you be comfortable with other developers NMUing to experimental to move this
process along?

Thanks,

- Jeff

      "But in the software world, that's daily business." - Kent Beck
     "That's pissing money away and leaving scar tissue." - Alan Cooper