[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Gnome 2.4 in sid

On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 11:25, Sven Luther wrote:
> Well, i would first upload gnome 2.4 to experimental immediately, and
> once it is all there, be it only for x86, it will be time to eveluate
> and move it to sid.

My personal preference is to get packages into experimental *as soon as
possible*. As we have DDs using x86 and PPC we'll need a few people to
rebuild the missing packages for their architecture.

Once we have a working G2.4 in experimental, we could manually perform
some rebuilds on the other architectures to check it all works, and then
mass-upload into Sid.

I'm stressing *as soon as possible*.  Even if we eventually decide to
upload straight into sid, if everyone uploads to experimental now people
can start testing the packages now.

Ross Burton                                 mail: ross@burtonini.com
                                          jabber: ross@burtonini.com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./
 PGP Fingerprint: 1A21 F5B0 D8D0 CFE3 81D4 E25A 2D09 E447 D0B4 33DF

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part

Reply to: