Re: Gtk/Gnome RC Bug Report

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 12:32:42AM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> Sebastien Bacher <seb128@debian.org> writes:
> > I disagree with that. There is some example of gtk+1.2 apps used by many
> > users like sylpheed, grisbi, gnucash, easytag, xmms. Some people always use galeon1.2
>
> Galeon 1.2 ? This packages doesn't exist. xmms and grisbi are already
> ported to GTK 2.0 in CVS.

There are some fairly popular debs available at
deb http://people.spacelabs.nl/~paul browser-gtk1.2/
maintained by Paul van Tilburg <paulvt@debian.org>. I use them because
of a bug in WindowMaker that makes every gtk2-window try to take focus
and flicker at 100% CPU usage until I manually select one of them.

As Mozilla is built against gtk2 nowadays there is also a gtk1.2 build
in the repo.

Christian