Re: Gtk/Gnome RC Bug Report

Em Mon, 28 Jul 2003 23:36:34 +0200, Christian Marillat <marillat.christian@wanadoo.fr> escreveu:

> > You're forgeting software like Sylpheed. That still depends on GTK 1.2.
> > they won't port it to GTK 2 until at least version 1.0, so it's not
> > going to be done tomorrow...
>
> Bad to heard that.

Yes, I agree. But Sylpheed is designed to be as fast as possible. It used
to run OK on my 486. They have even patches to port it to gtk2 around, already,
but they thought the speed (mainly GtkTreeView's speed) was not satisfatory.

I guess they hope Gtk will have evolved in this issue in some months.

> > And sylpheed is not an application to be left behind in Debian (at least
> > in think).
>
> In that case yes. There is also another exception gimp 1.2

Although gimp-1.3 is very nice, already.

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>
Debian: <http://www.debian.org>  *  <http://www.debian-br.org>