Re: Gtk/Gnome RC Bug Report

Mark Howard <mh344@cam.ac.uk> writes:

> On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 22:35:47 +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:

[...]

>> It is possible to clean up your script ?
>>
>> All package who depends on libpanel-applet0 should be not listed here. All
>> package who depends on libgtk1.2 should not be listed here.
>
> Why?
> These packages are in Debian and have RC bugs, they need to be
> fixed - even if this means removing the packages.
> How does the age of the packages make them any less important?

Package who depends on libpanel-applet0 should be
removed. libpanel-applet0 doesn't exist in Debian, read these
bugs. libgtk 1.2 packages should be ported to GTK 2.0 or removed. GTK
2.0 has been released in March 2002, 18 month ago in September, i think
this is enough to do the port. In September I'll orphan or ask for
removal all my GTK 1.2 packages who are not ported to GTK 2.0. We don't
need to spend our times wit unmaintained packages.

Christian