Re: G2.2 (woody backport): nautilus - "use home as desktop" option gone from gconf-editor

On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 23:58, Mike Gratton wrote:

> Well, b) and c) are the same thing anyway. You can set and add
> additional keys using both the gconf-editor and the gconf command line tool.

What I wanted to say was: b) are keys that are visibly there in
gconf-editor, c) keys that work but are not visibly there

> Typical users can change their settings via a) and they won't know and
> care what they're missing (in terms of hidden prefs). "Power users" and
> systems administrators can change settings  via either b) or c). I
> imagine it will be easier to use b) for tweaking and occasional settings
> changes and c) for bulk and/or automated changes.

Same misunderstanding, sorry :)

"Power users" and systems administrators can change settings  via either
b)
It's much harder to handle those in c), because, how do I know they are
available? (it's not a matter of GUI or cmd line)

> > How does one know which options should be b) and which c), and is it a
> > bug if it's only c)?
>
> Is it really that much of a problem? They all do the same thing in the
> end...

Stil the same thing. Yes, but my distinction was b) = visible c) = work
but not set