Re: Week 8 hate

On Sat, 2003-02-22 at 15:13, Sven Luther wrote:

> > > Ok. I understand this. But it is not consistent with other apps. If I
> > > get fazed by this, what about the average user? ;)
> >
> > How do you suggest this is "fixed"?
>
> By filling the unused space in the background color, and especially by
> not letting the mouse click events go past the maximized windows to
> whatever is encountered below it.

Filling in with background colour would be broken at best.  What happens
when an app draws it's own back on the bottom/right edges?  Does the
colour propogate to the extra space, or not?  Either way, you'd end up
with undesired behaviour.

I haven't seen an X terminal yet that doesn't maximize to the best of
its ability (i.e., columns*width of character).  If you want a terminal
that fills the whole screen, ctrl-alt-F1 works great.  ;-)