Re: creating gnome-icon themes and other question

<quote who="Erik Vetters">

> Since gnome 2.2 I see that that the appearence of the icons
> can be switched in gnome-theme manager, so I think that nautilus
> will no longer do this anymore, Am I right ?
> Or is it just not implemented in the "new" nautilus.

Nautilus themes no longer exist, as Nautilus supports icon theming as
defined by freedesktop.org.

> If yes, how can I create icon-themes. I see that in /usr/share/icons
> there are some themes with subdirectory's. But there's no xml file
> or so for defintions or is gnome as intelligent as I believe. ;-)
> Only create the icons and thats all. Is there already a howto or so
> then how can read how it's done.

See the spec on freedesktop.org and the existing themes as examples.

> And the other question is. When i go to network:/// in nautlius, I
> can add servers. How can add for example, a windows share with a
> password like in ftp username:password@host.com. Is that possible at
> the moment.

You have to enter the full URI, including username/password, unfortunately.

- Jeff

--
     "Funny, I have no trouble distinguishing my mobile phone from the
       others because it's in my _own fucking pocket_!" - Mobile Rage