Re: GNOME 2.2 pref. dialogs getting too dumbed down?

Em Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:13:15 +1100, Andrew Lau <netsnipe@debianplanet.org>
escreveu:

> I'll have to agree with you there. It's starting to annoy me how in an
> effort to make userfriendly and GNOME HIG (Human Interface Guideline)
> compliant, more and more of its advanced options are disappearing from
> the preferences dialogs and can only be changed messing with
> gconf. Galeon 2 (galeon-snapshot) is a prime example of this
> nonsense. In my opinion, if GNOME keeps heading this way, it's going
> to start alienating some of its more intermediate to advanced users.

I am not that annoyed because of that... I miss some options, but overal
gnome behaves like I expect it to. Anyway, I guess debian-gtk-gnome is
not the place to whine about this, Debian is about packaging and minor
fixes/changes, development philosophy should be taken upstream, I guess.

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>
Debian: <http://www.debian.org>  *  <http://www.debian-br.org>