Re: Fonts got bigger

Bradley Shuttleworth wrote:
Hi,

Had the same problem - I think you need to go into
Applications/Desktop-Preferences/Font, then click on Details at
the bottom right.  Gnome doesn't seem to auto-detect DPI, so (for
example) mine was set at 96 dpi.  That made all my font hideous :)

Setting that to be the same as the rest of your desktop should work.

You'll need to logout and back in for this to work.

Thanks, this fixed it.

It would be so much better if X programs just used the screen resolution to determine the size of a 12pt font (like everyone else does) rather than this fuzzy no-good dpi setting.