Re: HTTP stuff timing out on package install

<quote who="Sven Luther">

> Where does redhat put them ?

The required place, /etc/xml/catalog

> BTW, i don't think closing all the bug reports about this saying it is
> not in <scrollkeeper, libxml2, ..., insert app of the day which breaks
> because of it> saying that it is not a bug but a lack of a xml catalog
> is a good way of urging the debian-xml people to do something about it.
> Sure it will close the bugs, so the respective maintainers have a clean
> record, but it does not solve the problem (and may be against the social
> contract, hiding problems and such). Maybe we should create a
> xml-catalog virtual package, assign the debian-xml list as maintainer
> and reassign all such bug against this package ?

Might be worth lodging RC bugs against all of the GNOME packages that
require scrollkeeper, too. Annoying for the maintainers of them, but yet
another thing to urge the process along. ;-)

- Jeff

--
  "Ever since GNOME development began, I have urged people to aim to make
   it as good as the Macintosh.  To try to be like Windows is to try for