Re: GNOME 2 in unstable announcement

Le Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 08:17:18PM +0200, Rémi Letot écrivait:
> everyone will be gnome2 after what... one week ? If you have to

Nobody knows. We don't know how often the average unstable user upgrades.

If even 10% of our unstable users upgrade monthly, we'll have
a full month where people will upgrade from Gnome 1.4 to Gnome 2.

This is more than enough to have several round of bugreports and bugfixes.

> of course still receive feedback, but scarce, and from people who are
> not usual unstable users.

This is true if all unstable users upgrades at least once a week. The
fact is that this is not true. People even have several machines, I for
one have several machines that all run unstable but I don't upgrade them
at the same time and at the same interval.

> by giving the choice more generations of the conversion scripts will
> receive ample testing.

Being in unstable is enough to be sure that they'll have "ample
testing". Because it has always worked like that in unstable.

Cheers,