Re: graphical apt, trials and tribulations

<quote who="Colin Watson">

> Um. Can't you just popen() dpkg (or apt-get) and read from it as it's
> running, parsing the output to decide what's happening? Just because it's
> a separate process should have no bearing on whether you can get feedback,
> unless I'm missing something quite considerable ...

Consider the installation of exim or hylafax. You can't do anything but
bring up a terminal widget, because that's the only possible interface to
their configuration processes.

You can't kludge that. :-)

- Jeff

--
  "A 'lame' server is a server that is SUPPOSED to be authoritative, but,
      when asked, says: 'Me? I know nothing, I'm from Madrid!'" - Ralf