Re: Lost window manager?

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 09:53:44PM +0100, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 06:46:55PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
>
>  > Maybe the gnome-wm you run gave an empty result (for whatever reason)
>  > and thus overwrote the gconf key with it, or with a failing wm or
>  > something such.
>
>  gnome-wm is ok[0], the problem is that I removed the window manager
>  from the list of start-up programs without even realizing it.
>
>  I'll have to figure out what's needed to implement session support in
>  Window Maker.  For the moment I know what the problem is in case bugs
>  show up :-|

On a similar note, my collegue recently upgraded his box from gnome 1.4
to gnome 2 (don't know on what date), he had only enlightenment and twm
installed, and since then, he does not have a windows manager anymore
(and thus use the KDE session in gdm).

I tried the upgrading his box, installing metacity, doing the
update-alternative trick, but to no avail, the gnome session still has
no WM, not even the twm it used earlier.

The rest of the upgrade stuff went right though.

Friendly,

Sven Luther