Re: Lost window manager?

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 07:33:55AM -0500, Sean Proctor wrote:

 > I've never used this gnome-wm thing you're talking about.  Perhaps
 > it's deprecated with GNOME2?

 $ gnome-session --version
 Gnome gnome-session 2.0.9

 gnome-wm comes with gnome-session.

 > Anyway, the best way I've found to get a wm running is to do "killall
 > old-wm; sleep 1; new-wm &".

 Sure, that works.  I don't even have to test it to know that it does.

 > anyway, can you not just start the new wm from a terminal after
 > logging in?

 Sure, I can.  If I can start a terminal that is :-)

 But you people are missing the problem: I did something (I wish I knew
 what exactly) that made gnome-session not start a window manager
 anymore and there doesn't seem to be an easy (or intuitive, or both)
 way of getting one back.

 Marcelo