Re: Gnome 2 summary 28/09/2002

Le Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 08:42:05AM +0200, Christian Marillat écrivait:
> This is only true for the control-center. The gnome-panel and
> gnome-session tarballs doesn't exist in unstable.

Okay, then we should upload them right now to experimental since
we'll have to wait until the ftpmasters add the required overrides
anyway. This is a good thing to do in experimental right now otherwise
it will annoy us when we will want to move everything at the same time
in unstable.

> Now if I want to upload the source without the 2 i need to change the
> upstream version number who is not really nice. Then I'll wait for a
> new upstream tarball.

I still don't understand that. If you rename gnome-panel2 in
gnome-panel, the package will be treated like a "new" package
and it won't conflict with any existing tarball. You just have to
increment the debian revision and no more ...

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com