Re: Gnome 2 summary 28/09/2002

Le Sat, Sep 28, 2002 at 11:36:05PM +0200, Christian Marillat écrivait:
> > To avoid a new override from ftpmaster or just because you forgot to
> > change it? :)
>
> The upstream version tarball need to be changed. I'll do that with the
> next upstream tarball.

Hey no. We're not in the case where we have an upstream tarball to
preserve. If you upload the same tarball without the 2 it will be
accepted because :
- it's just a newer version of what is already in unstable (and thus no
  override is needed by the ftpmasters)
- it's really a different version than the package in unstable and thus
  we'll have no conflict between the tarballs (they have different
  names)

However you'll have to ask ftpmasters to remove the old *2 source
packages (and maybe we'll have a conflict now because the same
binary packages are generated by tow different source packages).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com