Re: Gnome2 for woody

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 00:24:01 +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> People who choose Gnome 1.4 won't be happy when Gnumeric will be compiled
> with Gnome 2 libs ... and so on.

In my experience, the overriding concern of gnumeric users is its
functionality as a spreadsheet, not its integration in GNOME.

Gnumeric 1.1.x (which uses GNOME2) fixes quit a lot of reported
functionality bugs (see the BTS) and I intend to switch to it in unstable
when
- all its build dependencies are in unstable (almost all are and I'm working
  on libgsf)
- it offers roughly the same functionality as 1.0.x currently does (right now
  1.1.x does not yet have graphing capability)
and
- upstream concurs with the move.

If it then turns out that someone cares enough about GNOME1
interoperability, I'll happily accept offers for maintenance of
gnumeric-(gnome)1 packages. Personally, I've not yet seen an argument to
convince me to spend time on it.

Ray
--
"Text processing doesn't matter."  Fortran.
	Larry Wall on common fallacies of language design