Re: gnome apps fail to start

Stephen Tomlinson wrote:

I now get the following error message from each
[snip]

Okay, you've entered The Next Phase. ;)

I think the thing I did next was to log in via a text interface (via ssh, console, or whatever) and look at the owners of you ~/.g* directories. You should own .gnome[2], and .gconf[d], and the contents of those directories, recursively. Make sure you do, then try logging in using a GNOME2 session.

After fixing this up (for me, one of either .gconf or .gconfd was owned by root) I stopped getting those errors.

/mike.

--
Mike Gratton <mike@vee.net>, <http://web.vee.net/>
"Every motive escalate."