Re: Gnome 2 summary 27/06/2002

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 12:19:59AM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > One is useful, the other is useful.  Both together are not useful.
> > Solution?  Call them both workspaces for the sake of documentation sanity
> > and if any preference must exist, have it be whether or not windows are
> > kept on a single workspace only or not.
> >
> > This seems to be Havoc's opinion of how it should be handled in Metacity
> > based on a discussion I had with him about the very feature after someone
> > on irc asked him about viewports.  It applies to sawfish equally well,
> > IMO.
>
> I wished this concept's utter sensibleness was less susceptible to wailing
> and gnashing of teeth about "viewports being removed" though. ;-)

AFAIK, neither Metacity nor Sawfish provide the option to make workspaces
work like viewports yet.  If it were there, I suspect there would be much
less wailing about it.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>            What're you looking at?

World Domination, of course.  And scantily clad females.  Who cares if
its twenty below?        -- Linus Torvalds