Re: should gnome-terminal depend on scrollkeeper?

On Sat, 2002-06-29 at 07:50, Joseph Carter wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 04:04:14AM +0200, Mourad De Clerck wrote:
>
> Do you really want it to depend on scrollkeeper?  =p
>
> scrollkeeper-update takes 25 minutes here and every single Gnome2 package
<snip>

That's bizarre. This machine here is a laptop pentium-mmx at 166mhz with
64megs ram. It didn't take anywhere as long. (don't recall it, but it
didn't strike me as abnormal - prolly a minute or so) I did recall on
one machine (celeron700, via chipset) it taking a really long time, to
the point i believed it was hanging. But I assumed that was a bug (I
only had it happen once).

> A better mechanism is needed.

Fine. I'm just saying if you're starting from scratch, and apt-get
install gnome-terminal, installation will fail. That's bad too.

> > While I'm at it, quick question about the new gnome-terminal:
<snip>

> This is a known bug in gnome-terminal2.  To fix it, open up gconf-editor
> and alter /apps/gnome-terminal/profile/Default/x_font to the X font name
> you want.  Havoc knows what the problem is and will fix it soon, in
> theory.  =)

Thanks, I'll try that.

Mourad DC