Re: should gnome-terminal depend on scrollkeeper?

<quote who="Joseph Carter">

> scrollkeeper-update takes 25 minutes here and every single Gnome2 package
> seems to call it.  I commented that it was broken for every single Gnome2
> package to delay installation for long periods of time running a command
> that is going to take a very long time on slow network connections, but
> nobody seems to have listened to me yet.

Possibly because you're wrong. :-)

Once Debian updates its xml cataloguing system, these problems will go away.
docbook-x?l packages will register with the catalogue, scrollkeeper will
find the local copies, no network access will be required.

You have to dig a little deeper.

- Jeff

--
   "Anyone getting 1 Gigabit/sec for $20 is tele-commuting from the year
                           2217..." - Paul Haddon