Re: Gnome 2 summary 27/06/2002

Hello,

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 05:23:04PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> Personally, it seems backwards to me to upload everything to unstable
> now, and then only later worry about a transition plan.
I completely agree here.  We should work out a
transition plan first and upload to unstable only
after we have a plan!

> But if the general consensus is to replace GNOME 1 now (and so far
> it appears to be), then let's just do it.
I hope there is no such consensus.  At
least I would not replace GNOME 1.4 by now.

I tried to draft a transition plan recently but got not
much feedback.  You can find it in the list archives at

    http://lists.debian.org/debian-gtk-gnome/2002/debian-gtk-gnome-200206/msg00187.html

I do not really like my own plan, but it is best
I could think of.  Maybe we could discuss this
draft, improve it, and make the improved version
our "official" transition plan?

Jochen
--
                                         Omm