Re: Gnome 2 summary 27/06/2002

On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 16:50, Colin Walters wrote:
> Most importantly, we have to consider upgrades from woody.  jdub said
> that upstream doesn't have any plan yet for transitioning user settings,
> and I think we should at least attempt to do this.

Red Hat and Ximian will definitely be concentrating on this. Getting
GNOME 2 packages in unstable will definitely increase the number of eyes
on them, and increase quality in the long run. I personally plan to
upload the GNOME 2 version of gedit soon-ish (i.e., once I make it); I
hope other maintainers follow suit.

After all, it's not called unstable for nothing, right?

Hopefully, the transition mechanisms which are introduced in later
versions of GNOME 2 packages will also function for us users who will
use versions of GNOME 2 prior to the transition mechanism-enabled
versions.

--
Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net> <drew@debian.org>

Please encrypt email sent to me.