Re: Gnome 2 summary 27/06/2002

<quote who="Gustavo Noronha Silva">

> I'd say that's a big issue for GNOME users on a Debian stable system,
> or testing, not unstable... unstable may be used now to make GNOME2
> more visible and to make it stable enough for gnome 2.0.1...

> You should not, for stable, I'm sure... and you're not required to
> do anything, you'll do that if you want to keep the old packages...
> wouldn't you need to do that for any other package?

On both counts, knowingly installing something which will break *every*
user's desktop and create integration issues with their desktop applications
when you have the ability to allow them to choose is inane. unstable or not.

When the upstream software is able to coexist sanely, then it's time to
remove that choice, and continue on.

I don't understand the reasoning behind "it's unstable, we can be as
irresponsible as we like".

- Jeff

--
   You know the end is nigh when modern art is relegated to the status of
                                  "meme".