Re: Sawfish2: '2' Suffix

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 05:48:35PM -0400, Joe Drew wrote:
> > > "There is no fire in the lake"?
> >
> > Yep, but I'm not sure if this expression mean the same think in english.
>
> Probably not. I interpret it as "You can't have fire on a lake" --
> meaning that if we don't make it possible for users to shoot themselves
> in the foot, they can't.
>
> Right?

Hm, not sure that's the intended interpretation, but basically it works
for me.  End-users shouldn't be expected to use it yet, because they would
shoot themselves in the foot.  Then they would come crying to the
maintainers of the packages, who would then want to shoot themselves in
the head.  ;)

No, best to keep the packages in experimental as Christian suggests until
there's a bit more Gnome2 support outside of the core desktop, more bugs
are found and fixed, and the hordes of users who demand the bleeding edge
(hopefully) convince upstream to put back a few of the things they took
out concluding nobody would ever miss them...

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>      You're entitled to my opinion

<Reed> It is important to note that the primary reason the Roman Empire
       fail is that they had no concept of zero... thus they could not
       test the success or failure of their C programs.