Re: Meta package for a useful GNOME desktop

>> "CW" == Colin Walters <walters@debian.org> writes:

> On Mon, 2002-06-10 at 15:04, Julien Portalier wrote:
>> gnome(2)-libs
>> gnome(2)-desktop

> Why would we want -libs?  I think most users will just want to install
> GNOME (i.e. the libraries and applications).

>> gnome(2)-dev

> Debian has the concept of Build-Depends, so I don't think we really need
> this package.

A -dev task is necessary because the latest package who install all the
dev stuff is lignomeui-dev, and his name isn't really explicit.

This task should also include libgnomeprintui-dev.

Also you can include this URL (Porting applications to the GNOME 2.0
platform) :

http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/porting/

Christian