font disappeared in gimp

This is really puzzling me...
Yesterday evening I had been experimenting with the logo scripts from
the GIMP. I almost exclusively used a font named 'conga'.
Now when I wanted to continue this morning, I suddenly couldn't find
that font anymore (I don't know where it came from before, I had never
used it before). I had not touched any packages though.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I'll just mention
it... I run gnome-session from within /etc/X11/windowmanagers and it
uses enlightenment as wm. Yesterday evening I accidentally exited
enlightenment first (from the middle mouse button menu) before I quitted
from gnome-session, so I had to restart enlightenment manually from
within an xterm this morning.

The system is slink with several updates, enlightenment and gnome are
from the 'gnome staging area' and gimp is gimp1.1 from netgod.net.

Please CC me on all replies, as I am not subscribed to this list and I
didn't want to spam debian-devel with it.

thanks.