Re: SOLVED: Re: Slink icewm-gnome and root window clicks

Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> >> "BE" == Boris Erdmann <boris@erdmann.com> writes:
>
> BE> I had to change the following line in the preferences file:
>
> BE> # Bitmask of root window button click to use in window manager
> BE> UseRootButtons=0 # [0-255]
>
> BE> It was set to "255". I dont know if "0" is the right value, but at
> BE> least it works: Now usual clicks produce gnome popups and
> BE> ctrl-alt-clicks produce icewm popups.  This is at least the
> BE> behaviour i remember from the changelog of icewm.
>
> Could you find out, what this value exactly means, and if 0 is a save
> value? Looks like a bit mask.

I can only guess since the package's documentation only quotes the
comment lines from the prefs file:

RWC = RootWindowClick
URB = UseRootButtons

(RWC and URB) -> gets processed by icewm

(RWC - (RWC and URB)) -> gets passed to GNOME by icewm

This is what I would read from the word "bitmask".
Thus URB=0 completely hides RWCs from icewm whereas
URB=255 (=7) completely hides RWCs from GNOME because they
get processed by icewm.

This (URB=0) should do no harm though CTRL+ALT+RWC seems
to set URB=255 for that particular click.

Boris