SOLVED: Re: Slink icewm-gnome and root window clicks

Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> BE> The slink (maybe potato too?) version of icewm-gnome does not
> BE> propagate root window clicks to gnome correctly.
>
> This is what I get in .xsession-errors
>
> ** WARNING **: Root window clicks will not work as no GNOME-compliant window manager could be found!
>
> The only switch to set on ./config is --with-gnome, and it is set (and
> you get the gnome menu as a submenu in icewm, so does work I suppose).

I had to change the following line in the preferences file:

# Bitmask of root window button click to use in window manager
UseRootButtons=0 # [0-255]

It was set to "255". I dont know if "0" is the right value, but at least it
works:
Now usual clicks produce gnome popups and ctrl-alt-clicks produce icewm
popups.
This is at least the behaviour i remember from the changelog of icewm.

Question: should icewm-gnome have a different preferences file than icewm?

Boris