staging release - update

Hi,

The countdown is set.

I will do some final tests tomorrow (ahm, actually today) from
different starting points (thanks to vmware's non-persistant HD
mode). If there are no show stoppers, we will announce the release in
24h. Of cause, anyone is welcome to do some tests as well (and report
back - successes as well please).

It would be nice if we actually *had* an announcement. *Please*,
someone write two paragraphs (glorifying Debian, easy update, slink
users have a chance to use the latest of the GNOME desktop - something
in this lines) that we can pave all over the net. Don't be shy, we
just need a starting point and can enhance it.

Ciao,
	Martin