Preperations for the release

Hi,

this is the current state:

Packages:

Packagewise there are only two packages left:

gtkmm

  	I still fail, see my posting about this, and recompiling at va
  	is not an option, since it wouldn't contain the gnome part.
        I'll mail the maintainer, maybe he has some clue.

gnome-guile

	The version available in potato is a CVS extract, that needs
	gtk1.0 or gtk1.1. It does not compile with gtk1.2.

The gnome-guile version in potato should work with slink as well, but
gtkmm will be left out if it can't be recompiled.

Release info:

Thanks to James Mastros for providing me corrections for the
page. Anyone is free to take a look again at
http://www.debian.org/~martinb/gnome-slink.html

I will make the changes to include the WML thing that is used for
www.debian.org and Darren Benham will copy the page into the maketree.

It will be accessable at /releases/stable/gnome.html

I am awaiting an answer from Guy Maor whether the update should be
moved to /debian and thus mirrored, or if it should stay on va. In the
later case, I will try to get an alias that is shorter and looks
better than ~jim/...

There are ~35 MB binary and ~38 MB sources.

Distribution through gnome.org

I did not receive an answer from webmaster@gnome.org yet, so I
reposted the request to gnome-devel-list yesterday, but the mail
doesn't show up in their mailing list archive.

Strange. Maybe it got blocked or such? SOmeone with better contacts
should take a look at it.

Press release

I send a request to help with a press release to debian-publicity
yesterday. Could one of you put together a first version, that we can
enhance?

Ciao,
	Martin