Re: RFS: golang-github-caarlos0-sshmarshal

Hi Martin,

On Tue, Nov 01, 2022 at 08:25:25PM +0100, Martin Dosch wrote:
> > Meanwhile you could consider to embed this package if you are in some
> > hurry, but
> > given that we are close to freeze, this could be a bad idea.
> Actually all this work to get the charmbracelet packages into shape is only
> necessary as a new version of golang-github-protonmail-go-crypto is breaking
> golang-github-charmbracelet-wish and updating
> golang-github-charmbracelet-wish fixes this.

I don't have time to dig into this, but is there a patch there which could
fix the breaking change, and which does not use golang-github-caarlos0-sshmarshal?
Or is there a way to circumvent the build failure w/o updates?

> I'd like to have a recent
> version golang-github-protonmail-go-crypto in bookworm as two of my packages
> depend on it and I was thinking it might be helpful to have tho most recent
> versions in bookworm, just in case I have to do some backports after the
> release.

If this is SUPER-urgent/important, embed that package into the target package with
a vendor/ directory.
You will need to use a multi-orig tarball for this, here is how to do so[1] and I
wrote a smaller version it sometime back here[2], and here is a go package that
actually does that[3]

Please number the upstream version as version-1~vendor so that version-1 can superseed
it - if you happen to choose this option.

[1]: https://wiki.debian.org/Javascript/GroupSourcesTutorial
[2]: https://med-team.pages.debian.net/policy/#embedding-large-test-data
[3]: https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/gitaly/-/tree/master/

--