Re: RFS: golang-github-caarlos0-sshmarshal

On Tue, Nov 01, 2022 at 08:00:47PM +0100, Martin Dosch wrote:
> On 31.10.2022 19:57, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> > Since this has just one patch applied, it'd be better to try to
> > integrate that patch
> > into x-crypto.
>
> I applied the patch to golang-go.crypto but I am reluctant to push it as it
> fails to build and therefore I can't run ratt. But this might be a local
> problem as it also doesn't build successfully without the patch applied.

When I said integrate the patch, I meant it needs to be integrated "upstream"
In general, changes that can be applied upstream, should be applied upstream.

We should never carry such a baggage on our packages unless there is a strong reason
to do so. Please consider to work with upstream to get the changes pulled.

Meanwhile you could consider to embed this package if you are in some hurry, but
given that we are close to freeze, this could be a bad idea.

--
Best,