Re: RFS: golang-github-caarlos0-sshmarshal

On Wed, Nov 2, 2022 at 3:01 AM Martin Dosch <martin@mdosch.de> wrote:

> Dear Nilesh,
>
> On 31.10.2022 19:57, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> >Since this has just one patch applied, it'd be better to try to
> >integrate that patch
> >into x-crypto.
>
> I applied the patch to golang-go.crypto but I am reluctant to push it as
> it fails to build and therefore I can't run ratt. But this might be a
> local problem as it also doesn't build successfully without the patch
> applied.

Let's not carry a local patch in golang-go.crypto.

Please work with upstream to include that.

golang-github-caarlos0-sshmarshal refers
https://github.com/golang/go/issues/37132. The issue says it's
"Proposal-Accepted". So upstream won't reject the patch as long as it
is in good shape. The patch is stalled for 2 years, because the author
doesn't address the reviewer's comments.

We should not include local patches for such a reason.

--
Shengjing Zhu