Re: Consul pending upload

On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 5:03 AM Nilesh Patra <nilesh@nileshpatra.info> wrote:

>We have the general problem that when we only want a subset package of
>a library, we end up maintaining a monster package.

In such a case maybe it's better to embed parts of libraries using vendor/ dir instead of maintaining a monster package, and caring for it when it might not be of much use.

That doesn't work if those libraries are used by multiple other packages that then are used themselves as build dependency in some later build.

Or to actively purge parts of monster package that's not related (for instance stripping of the arch:any binary package and providing the lib part of it if that's needed)

That's an option for the consul package.

--
regards,
    Reinhard