Re: Consul pending upload

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 08, 2022 at 09:08:41PM +0100, Martina Ferrari wrote:
> On 26/08/2022 12:22, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> > I personally don't have a strong opinion on whether we ship consul in
> > Debian or not, but I do care about package that might depend on it much
> > more strongly. Can you please point me to some other packages that are
> > affected by the removal of the consul package in testing?
>
> Now that you ask... it seems it is only Prometheus! All the other packages
> that build-depend on it seem to have been removed from testing already..
>
> So I guess at this point it might make sense to just drop it from Debian,
> unless somebody steps up and gives it some TLC urgently..

src:nomad still B-D on consul, although you are right that it is out of testing, but
IIRC it was in a good shape a while ago(but not now), even made it to last stable.
So keeping consul _maybe_ useful (dunno for sure)

Also, src:patroni package (still in testing) has a "test-dep" in d/tests/control on
consul, so that'd need to be dropped if you plan to remove it.

--
Best,