Re: Consul pending upload

Hi,

Sorry I forgot to reply to this email!

On 26/08/2022 12:22, Reinhard Tartler wrote:

thanks for your work. After I poked around with the upstream commits, I realized that the most pragmatic way is likely to just package a new upstream version. However, I'm not familiar with the consul software at all, so I started looking in where it is used. Turns out, that it was rather easy to avoid in the container stack, so I went for that.

Fair. My only interest in consul is as a dependency of Prometheus, and I have been considering dropping consul support in Prometheus as this package keeps giving us headaches, and I am not sure anybody in the Go team actually has a direct interest on it?

I personally don't have a strong opinion on whether we ship consul in Debian or not, but I do care about package that might depend on it much more strongly. Can you please point me to some other packages that are affected by the removal of the consul package in testing?

Now that you ask... it seems it is only Prometheus! All the other packages that build-depend on it seem to have been removed from testing already..

So I guess at this point it might make sense to just drop it from Debian, unless somebody steps up and gives it some TLC urgently..

--
Martina Ferrari (Tina)