Re: Consul pending upload

Daniel Swarbrick <dswarbrick@debian.org> 于 2022年9月13日周二 08:26写道:
On 12.09.22 22:41, Martina Ferrari wrote:

> On 10/09/2022 16:13, Nilesh Patra wrote:
>> src:nomad still B-D on consul, although you are right that it is out
>> of testing, but
>> IIRC it was in a good shape a while ago(but not now), even made it to
>> last stable.
>> So keeping consul _maybe_ useful (dunno for sure)
>>
>> Also, src:patroni package (still in testing) has a "test-dep" in
>> d/tests/control on
>> consul, so that'd need to be dropped if you plan to remove it.
>
> Honestly, I don't have much time or motivation to work on consul.
> Unless somebody with an interest on it steps up and works on closing
> the RC bugs, it will end being removed from testing very soon..

Following the trail of broken builds back to the origin, it seems that
it all steps from not being able to build boltdb on riscv64. Upstream,
boltdb was forked (now lives at https://github.com/etcd-io/bbolt), and
this would involve package renaming and import path changes.

However, looking at the changelogs for bbolt, I suspect that we could
make the existing boltdb package support riscv64 simply by
cherry-picking this as a patch for now:
https://github.com/etcd-io/bbolt/pull/159/files

That should then unblock bug #1004303 and ultimately allow consul to
build on riscv64 (bug #1010306).

Why you think this thread is about the FTBFS on riscv64? It won't render consul rc-buggy.

Consul is to be removed because no one takes time to maintain it and it has open security bug for a long time.