Re: Would anyone mind reviewing my package, golang-github-drone-envsubst?

On 5 April 2022 9:09:14 pm IST, Sebastian Crane <seabass_debian@gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>Dear Nilesh,
>
>Thank you for the comprehensive review of my packaging and the upload!
>
>> 3. You need to mention yourself in the "Uploaders" field in d/control when you
>> team maintain a package indicating that you are responsible for its
>> maintainance
>Right'o - I assumed that since I was not a Debian Maintainer, this would be the
>contact of the sponsor instead of my own. 'TIL'! :)

The contact address is always of the package maintainer, regardless of their membership status in debian (Debian maintainer/developer)

>> 4. The d/gitlab-ci.yml you were using is outdated and was a part of old
>> dh-make-golang releases, you might want to update the version locally.
>
>Thanks for the suggestion! I had been running the version in Debian 11 -
>0.4.0-1+b6. Is there something like a backports repository for this, or some
>preferred way of using dh-make-golang in a chroot/container?

Yeah, backports has version 0.6.0-1~bpo11+1 you can simply use that.

You can also look at schroot:

https://wiki.debian.org/Schroot

>> 8. It is usually nice to add a "#" prior to the bug you close
>
>OK - I'll have to make that change for my other (non-Go) package on Mentors :)

You don't need to upload to mentors if you ask for sponsorship on the list since majorly people simply use salsa here.

>Again, many thanks for all your feedback!

Welcome. Your package has been uploaded to new (you'd have got a mail about it) - it'll be there in the official archive when ftp masters accept it.

PS: Do I need to CC you or are you subscribed to the list and read my replies?

Best,