Re: Would anyone mind reviewing my package, golang-github-drone-envsubst?

On Mon, Apr 04, 2022 at 08:52:43PM +0100, Sebastian Crane wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Having been watching and learning for the 6 months or so that I've
> been subscribed to this mailing list, I decided that I should have a
> 'go' at packaging a library myself!
> I've pushed the package's Git history to a new repository for this
> package on Salsa as well:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-drone-envsubst

Made the following changes:

1. The binary package name needs to have "-dev" suffixed to it if it is a lib package, see:
		https://go-team.pages.debian.net/packaging.html#_naming_conventions

2. Remove patch and instead propagated DH_GOLANG_EXCLUDES to ignore cmd/ in d/rules

3. You need to mention yourself in the "Uploaders" field in d/control when you team maintain a package
indicating that you are responsible for its maintainance

4. The d/gitlab-ci.yml you were using is outdated and was a part of old dh-make-golang releases, you might
want to update the version locally.

5. Standards version 4.6.0 (not 4.6.0.1)

6. pristine-tar is not used with go-team packages, so I dropped it see: https://go-team.pages.debian.net/workflow-changes.html#wf-2017-11-pristine-tar

7. patch-queue/debian/sid was a useless branch, I suppose you used gbp pq for making a patch. Remember to remove
this branch once your patch works fine.

8. It is usually nice to add a "#" prior to the bug you close

All commits in salsa, please take a look.

After these changes, I sponsored an upload to NEW. Thanks for your work!

Regards,